Monday, May 17, 2010

Inside Every Peanut There's a Man!


As a kid, I can remember many hours spent finding the "Peanut Man" inside of every peanut that I opened. If you haven't tried doing that, you should! You can see the shape of the man's face, his top hat, his moustache, and his long beard. You can even see Mr. Peanut Man's eyes looking right at you! And, the fun part is that no two peanut men are exactly the same!


Most of us have probably never looked for the man in the peanut, though. We dig through the bag, shell the peanuts, gobble them down, and then we're done, often hardly even taking the time to savor the lingering taste of the peanut. (Can you tell I'm a fan of peanuts?)


Isn't that how it is in life most of the time? In the course of a week, we come in contact with so many different people, we say a quick "hi", and exchange of few words, then go on our way never even savoring the flavor of the individual much less taking the time to look for the man inside each person!


Life is too wonderful to allow it to pass us by unnoticed! We do it with people in general, with our friends, and many times we even do this with our close family members including our children. We just gulp down the "mundane stuff of the day" without taking time to look at the individual man inside of each flavorful peanut. We busy ourselves with the menial tasks of everyday living, and carelessly toss aside the meatier parts of life, including spending enough time with one another to really get to know the heart and what makes each of us tick.


Who are the peanuts in your life? Your co-workers? Your aunts, uncles, and cousins? Your friends at school? Your mate? Your children? Your grandchildren? Do you take the time to really see them for who they are? Do you make the time to enjoy their individuality? Do you look for the things that make them uniquely and wonderfully different? It's FUN getting to know people, especially those close to us, on a more personal level. Everybody has something special, something unique, to add to the beauty of the day, but we must take the time to look for it!


Inside of every peanut there's a man just waiting to be discovered! There's a wonderful personality, a terrific brain, a flavorful side, and a uniqueness that was meant to be discovered.


Why not try something different today? Why not spend enough time with those you come in contact with to find the peanut inside the man? I have a feeling you're going to be happily surprised at all of the neat faces you'll find!


Love,

Clara

PS For those of you who are allergic to peanuts, keep in mind there are all kinds of other nuts in this world just waiting to be discovered!

12 comments:

  1. LOL...I had no idea about this peanut man! Will have to try that!
    This was a sweet post and I couldn't agree more that we are all special and unique and worth getting to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must be REALLY old...a lot of people told me they had no idea about the Peanut Man! Try it, and I think you'll have a lot of fun finding him! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry! I am 15, and I know about the Peanut Man! :D

      Delete
    2. I remember being told the story. But I can't remember what the story was. But I was amazed as a kid when the peanut man was shown to me at the end

      Delete
  3. Hi Clara, I am trying to find the story of the man in the peanut. My elementary school teacher read it to us and then gave us a peanut to crack open and look inside at the man in the top hat with the moustache. I can't find anything else about it online but would love to read the story to my daughter's kindergarten class. Do you know of the story? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also trying to find this book - I also heard it in elementary school, but I have been unable to identify it. I think of that story every time I eat peanuts. :) Please let me know if you find it! Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the delightful post. And thank you for the reminder of the Peanut Man. My elementary school teacher also read the story to us, and I searched for it for years before giving up. If you happen to know the name of the book or the author, please post - I'd still love to have it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The story is the gnome in the peanut out of Orphan Annie book 7

      Delete
  5. How did he get there? I saw told a child story and forgot...

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did he get there? I saw told a child story and forgot...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It’s because he was selfish so a fairy put him in there to remind everyone forever to share. I wish I could remember all of the story... I know it had something to do with a crossroads....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just tonight have been trying to find that story! I've googled it and I cannot find it!

      Delete