Thursday, February 2, 2012

Frogs in the Shower!

At first glance I thought this was some sort of dog!
Today was one of those days when I felt the need for a long, hot shower.  You know the kind when the water feels so good as it pulsates against your skin.  You lather up with the best smelling body soap from Bath and Body Works and you soon look and feel so fresh and clean all over!

As I was finishing up my shower, an image came to mind and I immediately had a panic feeling.  I remembered the frogs in the shower!!  Stephanie, my daughter, told me that on her last trip to Haiti, it wasn't unusual to see a big tree frog clinging to the wall while taking your 2 to 3 minute cold shower.  I shuddered at the thought!  A frog sharing my shower?!?  That can't happen -- not to me!  Please, Lord, if I'm going to have to shower with cold water, don't make me share the little concrete cubicle with a frog!

Isn't it amazing how much we cling to comfort?  We live in a land of so much bounty here in the states that we don't ever have to concern ourselves with sharing our homes with critters of the wild.  And, now, I will learn yet another life lesson as I get to shower with the frogs.  Already I can tell you that the story of Moses and the ten plagues is coming to life for me!

Forty three more days and guess what's on my mind?  Well, you'll just have to wait until tomorrow.  Right now I'm going to check my shower for frogs just in case....

Love,
Clara  

2 comments:

  1. In real, this is the common problem all over.lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no.... I think I'm learning more than I need to know! LOL

      Delete